Reuben is a character in Crystal Story II who was a main character in the original Crystal Story.
Character Info (from Crystal Story)[edit | edit source]
Reuben loves gold and women. His dream is to become the evil final boss in an RPG, but without the ugly transformations. Right now, he is working really hard to get more gold.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Reuben is a teenage or adult man with brown hair and blue eyes who wields a spear. He wears a blue shirt with gray under-sleeves, baggy navy-blue pants, and gray boots. He also has a hoodie buckled around his waist. He wears a fake beard that contradicts the color of his hair.
Role in story[edit | edit source]
He attacks D after seeing his dragon-like features and believes he is a monster. However, when D wins and explains he's trying to save Lina, Reuben instantly goes creeper mode and asks D if she's hot as well as for her Facebook page (which was clearly a fourth-wall shattering joke). Reuben's odd persistence with females does go on from this as well; as he later lightly flirts with Mari. He also wears a fake beard to look like an old man.
Reuben has 1000 HP, 65 MP, 250 ATK, and 250 MAG.
He has the following spells:
- Water II
- Blizzard I
- Regen All
- Slow All
Boss Stats[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Reuben (94)
In-battle quotes[edit | edit source]
"I'm too old for this."
"Ice, ice baby."
"Chill! Get out!"
"Thank you, lad." - when healed or powered up
"Thanks." - when healed or powered up
"Groan...Thanks." - when healed or powered up
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Reuben's name along with the heroes from Crystal Story I, are taken from the ally characters from Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest.
- Reuben is the least likely character to fool the players with his "old age", due to the contradictory color of his head hair, and a string running on his face.
- Reuben introduces himself as "the white knight" during his first encounter with D.
- His successor for Crystal Story II is Kaz.